Redeem into a Tax-Free Investment account
Invest in the stock market through Exchange Traded Funds and pay no taxes on your profits. Profits made in the Tax-Free Investment account do not contribute to existing tax annual limits (interest and capital gains). There are, however, penalties if you exceed the R36 000 annual contribution limit.
You get to:
- invest in selected Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)
- select the listed securities you would like to invest in, with a minimum of R250 per instrument
- view your portfolio online through your Standard Bank Internet Banking profile
- re-invest your profits into another Tax-Free Investment without impacting on the contribution limit, provided they are not withdrawn
- benefit from a reduced brokerage rate of just 0.25% (excluding statutory charges*) from SBG Securities
You don't pay:
- Securities Transfer Tax (STT)
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT) when you sell these products
- Dividend Withholding Tax (DWT) on dividends earned
- Tax on interest earned
* Statutory charges include STRATE, Securities Transfer Tax (STT), Investor Protection Levy (IPL) and VAT.
There are two ways to redeem into your investment account. You can sign into your UCount Rewards account or call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68).
For online redemption:
- Sign in to your UCount Rewards account
- Click on the "Online Redemption Portal" tab
- Click on the "Savings and Investment" tab
- Add "Tax Free Investment Account" to your basket
- Select your quantity
- Select "Deposit in Standard Bank Tax Free Investment Account"
- Select the Rand equivalent for your redemption
Note: There are penalties for exceeding the R36 000 annual contribution limit.
Join UCount today and start getting rewarded
Promotions and Notices
Unlock UCount Rewards with Standard Bank's Banking App. A brand-new way of showing that U Count.
Stay informed with the latest notices and information about our rewards programme, including changing earn rates, newest Rewards Retailers, and more.
At Standard Bank, your personal information is as personal to us as it is to you, which is why we'll never ask you to provide us with your login details.