Frequently Asked Questions
- UCount Rewards for Business is available to all Standard Bank business customers with an annual turnover of R20 million or less; or Agric Entrepreneur customers with an annual turnover of R3 million or less; Or a Business Banking customer with an annual turnover of less than R300 million;
- In addition, customers must have a qualifying Standard Bank Business Current Account , BizLaunch, MyMoBiz or Shari'ah Business Current account to qualify.
- Only one of the authorised signatories on the Business Current Account that we have on record can sign up for the programme on behalf of a business.
- If all of your Business Current Accounts are for the same business, you only need to sign up for one UCount Rewards for Business account. Any signatory of any of these Business Current Accounts can sign up for the programme, after you obtain a resolution from the business and give it to your Business Banker. This resolution is only a pre-requisite for a business with more than one Business Current Account linked to it.
- You can phone the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68 and change the transactor on the UCount Rewards account.
- Our data will pick up that the transactor is no longer an authorised signatory on your Business Current Account. We will block your UCount Rewards account redemptions until the signatory records are updated and a new transactor registered.
- Yes, with the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Contact your Business Banker for help registering a minor.
- Business Banking customers are only able to sign up for UCount Rewards for Business if they have a Business Current Account, BizLaunch or MyMo Biz. The UCount Rewards and UCount Rewards for Business accounts operate separately; you can’t transfer UCount Rewards Points between the different accounts.
- Online (www.standardbank.co.za/ucountbusiness)
- In branch, through your Business Banker
- Call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68
- SMS your name and the word "REWARDS" to 31645 (SMS's cost R1.00 per SMS)
- Please contact your Business Banker to update your details.
- You will be involuntary deregistered
- There is a membership fee of R30 monthly, or R365 a year (only applicable if you selected an annual membership fee and joined prior to 07 September 2021), payable by debit order from a Standard Bank Business Current Account, BizLaunch, myMoBiz or Shari'ah Business Current account only.
- All the fees are available on the website; these include:
|PIN reset fee (first three are free)||R 10.00||R 10.00|
|Card replacement fee||R 55.00||R 55.00|
|UCount Balance SMS fee||R 1.00||R 1.00|
|Card courier fee (optional)||R 105.06 Main Centres
and R 167.50 Regional Centre
|R 112.41 Main Centres
and R 179.23 Regional Centre
- The UCount Rewards for Business debit order can only be loaded against your Standard Bank Business Current Account, BizLaunch or Shari'ah Business Current account. No payments from the accounts of third parties will be allowed.
- Yes, the transactor can change the debit order date or debit order account number by phoning the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68 or via their Online Profile on www.standardbank/ucountbusiness.
- We’ll send a welcome letter addressed to your business, as well as all the Business Current Account signatories, including you, the transactor. This letter will confirm your registration and the debit order payment for the programme.
- If you sign up with an email address, you’ll receive a welcome email detailing how UCount Rewards for Business works, together with Terms and Conditions. A separate letter containing your Business Rewards Card will be sent by post to the business signatory who signed up.
- Should you sign up and not provide an email address, you can pick up a Welcome Pack from your Business Banker at a Standard Bank branch. Included in your Welcome Pack is a welcome brochure, your Business Rewards Card and the Terms and Conditions.
- Should you require your Welcome Pack to be couriered to you, please select this option when signing up. There will be additional costs for couriering the card to you. (card fees)
- If your Welcome Pack does not arrive within 21 days of signing up, please contact the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68. We will send a new one.
- The Business Rewards card is a pre-paid debit card that you’ll use to redeem your Rewards Points at our Rewards Retailers, Redemption Retailers or for fuel and oil at Caltex.
- Your Business Rewards Card can only be used to redeem Rewards Points at our Rewards Retailers, Redemption Retailers, Bidvest Premier Airport Lounges or for fuel or oil at Caltex.
- No, you only need to swipe your Business Rewards Card when you are redeeming your Rewards Points. Once signed up, you’ll automatically start earning Rewards Points every time you use your qualifying Standard Bank Business credit, cheque or debit card.
- No, you cannot use your Business Rewards Card at an ATM (i.e. to withdraw cash, make transfers or get balance enquiries)
- No, you can only use your Business Rewards Card in South Africa at Rewards Retailers, Redemption Retailers, Bidvest Premier Airport Lounges and for fuel or oil at Caltex in South Africa.
- Contact the UCount Rewards Contact Centre immediately on 0860 82 68 68, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. During office hours, you will be transferred directly to a consultant who will assist you to cancel your Business Rewards Card. After hours, the UCount Rewards Contact Centre’s Interactive Voice Response system (IVR) will give you the option to report your card as lost or stolen. You will then need to phone again during working hours to request your replacement card.
- Online via the UCount Rewards for Business website. Sign in with your Username and Password, then click on the UCount Rewards Card tab and select either Cancel or Suspend card.
- You can order your replacement card by calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68 or by signing into the UCount Rewards for Business website. We will courier your new card to you, or you can collect one from your Business Banker at a Standard Bank branch. You will then need to activate the card. You can activate your new Business Rewards Card online on the UCount Rewards website, or via the UCount Rewards Contact Centre.
- You must call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68 or email businessenquiries @ucount.co.za and report the disputed transaction/s immediately. It will take approximately 45 business days to investigate the dispute.
- For your protection, you can redeem a maximum of R30 000 worth of Rewards Points in a calendar month on your Business Rewards Card.
- 3D Secure is a free service that provides an extra layer of security when making online purchases from merchants. Use your UCount 3D SecureCode, a five-digit code, to authorise online transactions when purchasing from Rewards Retailers. Updates and upgrades to 3D Secure continue to be free.
- 3D Secure is an internationally-recognised security standard which protects your Business Rewards Card against unauthorised online use.
- CVV is an anti-fraud security feature to help verify that you have your credit card. For Visa/MasterCard, the three-digit CVV number is printed on the signature panel on the back of the card immediately after the card’s account number.
- Your 3D Secure Code/OTP will be emailed or SMSd to you when making an online purchase as per your OTP choice.
- For your security, the UCount Rewards Contact Centre can’t access the One Time Pin (OTP) sent to your cellphone to verify who is requesting your 3D SecureCode.
- Sign in to the UCount Rewards for Business website, select "Manage" my UCount Rewards Card’ and then select "Get my 3D SecureCode". A new 3DSecureCode will be generated.
- No. Your Business Rewards Card 3D SecureCode is for online purchases at Rewards Retailers only.
- When swiping your qualifying Standard Bank business credit, cheque or debit card you earn:
1. Card Rewards – You can earn up to 1 %* back in Card Rewards on your qualifying Standard Bank business credit, cheque or debit card.
2. Fuel Rewards – Earn up to R10* back in Rewards Points per litre of fuel and oil purchased, based on your Tier Level when you fill up at Caltex.
3. Rewards Retailers – Earn up to 5%* back in Rewards Points on your online or instore purchases at our Rewards Retailers.
4. Tier Rewards – Earn up to 500* Rewards Points per month in Tier Rewards even if you haven’t used your cards.
5. Social Rewards – Earn Social Rewards on social media by linking your Twitter account and get rewarded for positive interactions with #UCountBusiness.
6. Dual Membership Rewards – Earn 3600* Rewards Points for being a member of both our UCount Rewards and UCount Rewards for Business programmes for
12 consecutive months.
- A Dual Membership Bonus will be awarded to your Business Rewards Account if the director or shareholder or business representative or sole proprietor (as the case may be) is registered on both the UCount Rewards and UCount Rewards for Business programmes for 12 consecutive months.
- 10 Rewards Points = R1
- No, only qualifying business banking cards are eligible to earn Rewards Points on the UCount Rewards for Business programme. However if you are also a member of the UCount Rewards programme you will be able to earn Dual Membership Rewards.
- You will earn Rewards Points at the rate applicable to the card type you used for each transaction or purchase, calculated in a chronological order.
- Qualifying debit and cheque card purchases will earn Card Rewards at the same rate while qualifying credit card purchases earn Card Rewards at a higher rate.
- You will earn Rewards Points at the rate of Card Rewards applicable to the type of qualifying Standard Bank business card loaded onto your SnapScan app. That is, if you loaded your qualifying Standard Bank business credit card details onto your SnapScan app, you will earn Card Rewards at the rate applicable to credit cards for your Business Rewards Tier Level for all your SnapScan transactions.
- You will earn Card Rewards at the rate applicable to the card type for each portion of the value paid with that card.
- Yes, at a rate applicable to each card.
- Rewards Points will be allocated retrospectively and credited to your UCount Rewards for Business account on the last day of each month. Example: Rewards Points for purchases made on the 16th of October to the 15th of November will be allocated to your rewards account on the last day of November, that being 30th November.
- Fixed cycle means the period of time that runs from the 16th day of one month until the 15th day of the following month.
- Good standing means that you are not in breach of any of your obligations towards us, all your accounts with us are up to date, not in arrears, dormant, or overdrawn and you and all your accounts are FICA compliant, compliant with all other applicable laws and our internal polices or are considered to be in good standing for any other reason.
- You will be deemed to not be in good standing if you default on any of the above, or if you default on any restructured payment plan agreement you have arranged with us.
- No, you may not sign up for the programme.
- You will not Earn any Rewards Points if any of the products you hold with us are not in Good Standing but you can Redeem Rewards Points which you earned when you were in Good Standing.
- Your annual membership fee will still be charged.
- Your standing with and your eligibility to earn and redeem Rewards Points will be determined on the last day of the calendar month.
- You will have 60 days after the end of the month in which your status was defined as "not" in good standing’ to query your account status by contacting the UCount Rewards Contact Centre.
- Social Rewards is one of the ways you can earn UCount Rewards Points. Earn Rewards Points for linking your Twitter Account to UCount Rewards. You will also be rewarded for your positive interactions with #UCountBusiness.
- No, you cannot link your Facebook and /or Instagram account at present – this restriction is based on data privacy laws from Facebook and Instagram.
- Rewards Points will be awarded based on the number of followers you have:
|Category||Number of Followers|
|A||10 001+ followers|
|B||1 001 - 10 000 followers|
|C||0 - 1 000 followers|
|Link your Twitter account||A=200, B=100, C=50|
|Using #UCount only||A=50, B=30, C=10|
|Using #UCount with a picture||A=70, B=50, C=30|
|Retweet or sharing #UCount||A=50, B=30, C=10|
Note: We will reward you with Social Rewards on up to 8 activities per month.
- Yes, you will receive Rewards Points for activity on your linked Twitter account. i.e. 10 001 followers on your Twitter account = 200 points and 1001 followers on your Twitter account = 100 points
- Yes. When you link your accounts, the authorisation allows Standard Bank and/or UCount Rewards to see when you are talking about UCount Rewards so that you are able to earn more Rewards Points. Standard Bank and/or UCount Rewards will not access any further details on your profile without your permission.
- Standard Bank and/or UCount Rewards will only access the tweets from your Twitter account
- No, your social media account details are private and will not be shared.
- Rewards Points will be posted to the members accounts on a daily basis.
- Contact the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68 or email businessenquiries @ucount.co.za
- No, there is no time line for earning Rewards Points
Social Rewards linking process Click here
- By swiping your activated UCount Rewards Business Card at any of our Rewards Retailers, Redemption Retailers such as the Bidvest Premier Airport Lounges, or at Caltex.
- By signing in to the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Travel Mall using your username and password.
- By calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
- You can redeem a minimum of 2500 Rewards Points (R250) into your Notice Deposit Account on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or by calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
- You can redeem a minimum of 1000 Rewards Points (R100) towards a student’s tertiary education at www.feenix.org.
- You will need to create a profile on the Feenix.org website. Then, to select your preferred student, click on Find a Student.
- To donate, enter your UCount Rewards for Business Card details and your 3D SecureCode on the order check-out page.
- Feenix™ does not work on Internet explorer 10. Update your browser or use a different internet browser, e.g. Google Chrome.
- No, for tax purposes your Rewards Points need to remain separate.
How do I get hold of the UCount Rewards Contact Centre?
- By calling 0860 82 68 68 or by sending an email to businessenquiries @ucount.co.za
- Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm and Saturdays from 8am to 12pm. Closed on Sundays and public holidays.
- Reset your Username and Password on the UCount Rewards for Business website www.standardbank.co.za/ucountbusiness or call the Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
Please note: All unredeemed Rewards Points will be lost upon cancelling the membership.
- By calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
- Re-registrations can be done at a Standard Bank branch, online at www.standardbank.co.za/ucountbusiness or by calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
- You are responsible for any tax implications on any Rewards Points earned or redeemed. You must get professional advice about any tax implications from your participation in the programme.
- Call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68
- Send an email to businessenquiries @ucount.co.za
- Send us a fax us on 021 700 8758
- NB: We are a member of the Banking Association of South Africa, which has appointed an independent Ombudsman for Banking Services to deal with complaints. If we do not resolve your problem or you are not happy with the way your problem was resolved, then you may use the services of the Ombudsman who can be contacted as follows:
- If the Business is a sole proprietor, who has died, the account will be frozen. The executor must provide us with a certified copy of the death certificate and any other documents we may request. The executor may instruct us to transfer the Rewards Points to another member’s Rewards Account within 24 months of the death, failing which the Rewards Points will be lost. Any of the Rewards Points that expire during the 24 month period will be lost. The Rewards Account will be cancelled once the Rewards Points have been transferred or at the end of the 24 month period, as set out above, whichever is earlier. We accept no liability whatsoever related to the executor transferring or not transferring the Rewards Points to another member.
- Accumulated Rewards Points are valid for a period of five years from the date of issue, following which they will expire.
- We will send the transactor an SMS with your Rewards Points balance each month, only if you have a minimum balance of 250 Rewards Points.
- Sign in to the UCount Rewards website using your username and password to download your rewards statement and check your balance.
- Call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68
- SMS the word “BALANCE” to 32700. SMS costs R1.
You can obtain the UCount Rewards for Business Terms and Conditions and Programme Rules by phoning the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68, by visiting any Standard Bank branch, or, to view online, Click here
- Registration is immediate if you sign up online via www.standardbank.co.za/ucountbusiness or if you call 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68).
- The UCount Rewards for Business Tier Level that you qualify for is based on your monthly banking activity and the number of Standard Bank products and services your business uses every month, which is set out in the Programme Rules. Your Rewards Tier Level will determine your Earn rate for the Fixed Cycle.
- Tiering is calculated during each calendar month and is used to determine your Earn Rate.
- You can view your Rewards Tier on your Rewards Online Profile, or you can call the UCount Rewards Contact Centre on 0860 82 68 68.
- A 12-month period refers to 12 consecutive months, for example from September 2018 to August 2019.
- You may submit a PIN reset request via the UCount Rewards website or by calling the UCount Rewards Contact Centre. If you reset your PIN via the website you can choose your own PIN number, however, if you reset your PIN via the UCount Rewards Contact Centre you will receive an SMS with your new PIN.
- You will receive three (3) PIN resets for free on your UCount Business Rewards Card, thereafter a fee of 100 Rewards Points (R10.00) will be charged against the balance in your UCount Rewards account each time you reset your PIN.
- If you receive a new or replacement Business Rewards Card for an expired, lost or damaged Card, your new Business Rewards Card will have the first 3 PIN resets free, and you will only be charged from the 4th PIN reset onwards.
- No, your 3D Secure PIN does not have to be changed if you are using the same Business Rewards Card.
- If your card was lost, stolen, or damaged, then you will have to change your 3D Secure PIN as well.
- The Rewards Retailers on the UCount Rewards for Business programme are:
2. Car Service City
3. Courier Connexion
4. EZ Shuttle
9. Makro Liquor
13. Tiger Wheel & Tyre
14. Wine-of-the-Month Club
- The Earn rates for the Rewards Retailers differ and can be found in the UCount Rewards for Business Programme Rules Click here
- Just swipe your business credit, cheque or debit card at any of our Rewards Retailers and you will earn Rewards Points.
- Use your UCount Business Rewards Card when paying for your purchases (either in-store or online) and redeem your points.
- Yes you can. However when goods purchased at Rewards Retailers with Rewards Points are returned, the Rewards Points cannot be refunded back into your account. Rewards Retailers will provide you with a gift card or voucher to the value of the purchase returned in accordance with their return policy.
- How do I qualify for the up to R10* fuel offering?
To qualify for the up to R10* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil, you need to use your qualifying Standard Bank Credit, Cheque or Debit card to pay for:
- 100% fuel spend at participating Astron Energy and/or Caltex service stations per Fixed Cycle (Zero fuel spend at competitors)
- Purchase a minimum of R500 or more at Makro per Fixed Cycle.
Have a qualifying Standard Bank Business Current Account and 2 other Standard Bank Business products in different categories. These categories are:
- Savings and Investments
- Credit Card
- Vehicle and Asset Finance
- Business Lending
- Merchant Services
- What is a Fixed Cycle?
A Fixed Cycle as defined in the UCount Rewards for Business Programme Terms and Conditions means the period of time that runs from the 16th day of one month until the 15th day of the following month. Eligibility to earn Rewards Points is determined on the last day of every Fixed Cycle.
- What if I perform one fuel transaction at the competitor (Shell, Engen, etc.)
Should you have any fuel spend at a competitor on your qualifying Standard Bank Credit, Cheque or Debit card, you will not qualify for the up to R10* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil in that Fixed Cycle however, you will still qualify for up to R5* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil in that same Fixed Cycle.
- Can I spend at both Caltex and Astron Energy?
Yes, you may purchase fuel at both participating Caltex and Astron Energy service stations.
- What if I do not meet the behaviours to qualify for Double Fuel Rewards?
If you do not meet the behaviours, you will not qualify for the up to R10* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil in that Fixed Cycle however, you will still qualify for up to R5* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil at Caltex and Astron Energy in that same Fixed Cycle.
- Must I spend R500 at Makro as a single transaction?
The minimum spend of R500 at Makro does not have to be a single transaction, it can be multiple transactions that amount to R500 in the Fixed Cycle.
- Does the Makro spend include Makro Liquor as well as Makro online?
Makro spend includes all transactions performed at Makro for both instore as well as online (includes delivery cost).
- Will I qualify to Double my Fuel Rewards if I have a Standard Bank Transactional Current Account and 2 Standard Bank products in the same category?
No you will not qualify for up to R10* per litre back in Rewards Points for fuel and oil in that Fixed Cycle.
View the full list here
Join UCount Rewards for Business
Promotions and Notices
When using your qualifying Standard Bank Business card at Caltex, you can get up to R10* back in Rewards Points per litre of fuel and oil, based on your Tier Level.
Stay informed with the latest notices and information about UCount Rewards for Business.
At Standard Bank, your personal information is as personal to us as it is to you, which is why we'll never ask you to provide us with your login details.