Makro is Big on life. With over 77 000 quality branded products, they are also big on range, value, choice and experience
Find everything for your home, leisure activities or business all under one roof!
When using your qualifying card at Makro, you will collect:
- 0.75% back in rewards points on general merchandise and up to 1.25%* back in rewards points based on your rewards Tier.
- Collect up to 20%* back in rewards points on your grocery purchases made in-store and online if you selected the Grocery Rewards category or on qualifying fashion purchases made in store and online if you selected the Fashion Rewards category.
- You also collect 0.75% back in rewards points on the value of your rewards points redeemed on general merchandise when using your UCount Rewards Card.
How to redeem your rewards points IN-STORE at Makro
- You can redeem your rewards points in-store with your activated UCount Rewards Card. Simply swipe your UCount Rewards Card and enter your selected PIN.
- If you don't have enough rewards points to pay for your purchase in full, you can use your Standard Bank debit, credit or cheque card to pay the difference.
NOTE: You must activate your UCount Rewards Card before you can redeem your rewards points at Rewards Retailers. If you haven't yet activated your UCount Rewards Card, you can do this online, or by calling the UCount Rewards contact centre on 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68).
How to redeem your rewards points ONLINE at Makro
- To redeem your rewards points online at Makro, enter your UCount Rewards Card details and your 3D SecureCode on the order check-out page. To get your UCount Rewards Card 3D SecureCode, simply:
- Log in to your UCount Rewards Online Profile
- Select ‘Manage UCount Rewards Card’
- Select ‘Get My 3DSecureCode’.
- Your UCount Rewards card must be activated in order to get your 3D SecureCode when redeeming your rewards points online. For more information about 3D SecureCode
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The option to part-pay using rewards points and a credit or cheque card is not available for online purchases at Makro. If you want to redeem your rewards points at online Makro, you will need to have enough rewards points available to cover the total purchase price of an item.
To view your rewards point balance, log onto your UCount Rewards profile, go on the Standard Bank Mobile banking app, or SMS the word ‘BALANCE’ to 45224. SMS costs R1.
Makro contact details:
To find out more about Makro, order your Makro access card or to locate your nearest Makro store:
Terms and Conditions:
- General merchandise excludes food, groceries, liquor, cellular, delivery charges, financial services (such as extended warranties), trade debtors account payments and gift cards.
- Grocery Rewards means Rewards Points you Earn on Qualifying Grocery Purchases when using your Card to pay for your purchases at any Participating Grocery Retailers stores in South Africa (including online where applicable).
- Qualifying Grocery Purchases means all perishable and non-perishable foodstuffs, substances that can be used to prepare food and all household cleaning products, beauty and health products that can be purchased from a Participating Grocery Retailer and excludes non-foodstuffs such as clothing, pharmaceuticals, tobacco, liquor, airtime, bill payments, lottery and casino purchases, travel and entertainment, gift cards, financial services, payments made for delivery charges and payments made to the Participating Grocery Retailer for payment of an account.
- Fashion Rewards means Rewards Points you Earn on Qualifying Fashion Purchases when using your Card to pay for your purchases at any Participating Fashion Retailers stores in South Africa (including online where applicable)
- Qualifying Fashion Purchases means any purchase for clothing, apparel, attire, footwear, jewellery, handbags and accessories excluding airtime, data, cellphones, electronics, cellphone accessories, courier services, retailer account and store card payments, baby items such as toiletries, food, dummies, nappies, feeding equipment, humidifiers, retailer’s financial and non-financial Services products & services, general merchandise such as chips, sweets, water, gift cards, health & beauty products such as make up, perfume, skin care products, home products including towels, sheets, duvets, blankets, cushions, pots, pans, kitchen equipment and appliances, outdoor products such as camping chairs, tents and equipment, all sports equipment such as balls, bats, weights, all children’s toys and travel products such as luggage and travel accessories.
- The Rand value of Rewards Points that can be collected will be limited to 5000 rewards points (R500) per fixed cycle, which runs from the 16th of the month to the 15th of the following month.
- Should you select the Grocery Category, you will collect up to 20%* back in Grocery Rewards at Makro and up to 1.25%* back in Rewards Points on your fashion purchases.
- Should you select the Fashion Category, you will collect up to 20%* back in Fashion Rewards at Makro and up to 1.25%* back in Card Rewards on your grocery purchases.
- You must have a Makro access card in order to transact at Makro.
- Your Rewards Points cannot be refunded back into your UCount Rewards Card if you return goods that were purchased with your Rewards Points – you will be refunded with a Makro credit note (not redeemable for cash) or according to Makro’s return policy.
- In terms Makro’s online return policy you cannot be refunded for any merchandise purchased online from the Makro to the value of R50 (fifty rand) and less when using your Standard Bank Card or having redeemed your Rewards Points.
- Redemption is limited to 200 000 rewards points (R20 000) per transaction/per month
- Rewards Points can only be redeemed at South African Makro stores and at Makro Online. Part-payment is not available for purchases from Makro online.