UCount Rewards Online Mall and UCount
Rewards Travel Mall
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms become effective when you use the UCount Rewards Online Mall or the UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- You must read these Terms and make sure that you understand them.
- You must comply with these Terms as they are a binding agreement between you and us.
- Important clauses, which may limit our responsibility or involve some risk for you, will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
The singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular. References to days refer to calendar days.
- Business means a Standard Bank Business customer with an annual turnover of less than R20 million or Agric Entrepreneur customer with an annual turnover of less than R3 million, which has registered for UCount Rewards for Business.
- Card means a Standard Bank Debit, Credit or Cheque Card, excluding Travel Lodge Cards, Diners Club Cards, Garage Cards, Fleet Cards and any co-branded credit cards.
- Collect means the process by which you can collect Rewards Points when using your Card.
- Contact Centre means the UCount Rewards contact centre that can be reached on 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68).
- CPA means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, as amended from time to time.
- E- Voucher means an electronic voucher which you can purchase on the UCount Rewards Online Mall and which can be used at a Third Party Supplier for a limited time.
- Group means Standard Bank Group Limited, its subsidiaries and their subsidiaries.
- Individual means a Standard Bank customer who has registered as a member of UCount Rewards.
- Member means a Standard Bank customer who is registered for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Non-member means a Standard Bank customer who is not registered for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Personal Information means Information about an identifiable, natural person and where applicable, a juristic person, including, but not limited to information about: race; gender; sex; pregnancy; marital status; nationality; ethnic or social origin; colour; sexual orientation; age; physical or mental health; well-being; disability; religion; conscience; belief; culture; language; birth; education; medical, financial, criminal or employment history; any identifying number, symbol, e-mail, postal or physical address, telephone number; location; any online identifier; any other particular assignment to the person; biometric information; personal opinions, views or preferences of the person or the views or opinions of another individual about the person; correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; and the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
- Process means any operation or activity, automated or not, concerning Personal Information, including: alteration, blocking, collation, collection, consultation, degradation, destruction, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, erasure, linking, merging, organisation, receipt, recording, retrieval, storage, updating, modification, or the use of information. Processing and Processed will have a similar meaning.
- Redeem means using your Rewards Points to pay for products and/or services at the UCount Rewards Online Mall or the UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- Rewards Account means the UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business account that we open for a Member when we approve the Member’s registration for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Rewards Points means the points a Member can Collect and Redeem, as well as points that we award the Member with UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Third-Party Supplier means a retailer from which you can buy goods or services on the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- UCount Rewards for Business means the rewards programme we offer to Businesses which rewards these Businesses for their business banking relationship with us.
- UCount Rewards means the rewards programme we offer to Individuals which rewards these Individuals for their banking relationship with us.
- UCount Rewards Online Mall means an online facility where you can use your Rewards Points, a Card or a combination or Rewards Points and a Card to buy various goods and services.
- UCount Rewards Travel Mall means an online facility where you can use your Rewards Points, a Card or a combination or Rewards points and a Card to buy various travel-related products and services.
- us/our/we/Standard Bank means The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited.
- You/your means a Member or Non-Member who uses the UCount Rewards Online Mall and/or UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
The UCount Rewards Online Mall
- The UCount Rewards Online Mall allows you to buy goods and services using your Rewards Points, or a Card or a combination of both.
- Members must register and log on to the UCount Rewards website to access the Online Mall to Collect and Redeem Rewards Points.
- Non-Members do not have to register to use the UCount Rewards Online Mall.
Shopping on the UCount Rewards Online Mall
- We may advertise special offers on the UCount Rewards Online Mall from time to time. These offers will be available during the offer period, while stock last.
- We may add or remove products and services from the UCount Rewards Online Mall in our discretion.
- If, after you have placed an order for a product, it becomes discontinued or out of stock, we will contact you and offer you an alternative product. If we do not have an alternative product, or you do not want the alternative product, we will give you a refund on your order.
- Batteries may not be supplied with goods.
- In terms of the Broadcasting Act No 4 of 1999, as amended, and the Television Licence Regulations, the UCount Rewards Online Mall may not sell a television set or television tuner card to a customer who does not have a valid (paid up) television licence. When ordering a television, please send us a valid copy of your TV licence and a copy of your identity document to the UCount Rewards Online Mall on 021 700 2414 (fax) or [email protected] or [email protected] (email). If you are unsure of the validity of your licence, contact the SABC Validation Call Centre on 011 330 9704 or go to www.tvlic.co.za for more information.
- The prices of goods and services are shown in Rewards Points (with equivalent Rand values) and include Value Added Tax (VAT).
- The total price of the goods or services, including the delivery fee, will be displayed in Rands before you Check-Out.
- Installation, service, rental and delivery costs may not be included in the price for goods.
- We reserve the right to change the price or discount in relation to any goods or services without any prior notice.
Payments and Redeeming Rewards Points
- Payment can be made with a Card or by Redeeming Rewards Points or by using a combination of a Card and Rewards Points.
- When you Redeem Rewards Points, we will process the transaction against your available Rewards Account balance. You will only be able to spend Rewards Points up to the value of Rewards Points in your Rewards Account.
- The total amount will be deducted from your Rewards Account and/or debited from your Card.
- Once you have paid for goods or services, you cannot stop or reverse the payment.
Cancelling your order
- You can cancel orders for goods or services purchased from the UCount Rewards Online Mall (except for the goods and services listed below) at any time before they are delivered or provided, and you will receive a full refund within 30 days of the date you cancelled your order.
- The following goods and services may not be returned:
- prepaid airtime and data;
- digital magazines;
- You cannot cancel a redemption into a savings or investment account.
- Activities, such as safaris and sky diving, can only be cancelled if the Third Party Supplier agrees to the cancellation.
Delivery of goods
- Goods will only be delivered to addresses in the Republic of South Africa.
- If goods are in stock we will try our best to deliver them to the address you have chosen within 10 working days from the date that the goods are dispatched. If goods are not in stock, the expected delivery time will be displayed before you Check-Out. If delivery is delayed for reasons beyond our control, then we will deliver the goods as soon as possible.
- If you buy an E-Voucher, we will send an SMS to the cell phone number you have given us with a code which you must give to the relevant Third Party Supplier in order to redeem the E-Voucher.
- When the courier delivers your goods, you must make sure that the seal on the package has not been tampered with.
- If the seal has been tampered with, do not accept delivery and return the goods with the courier or contact the Contact Centre for assistance.
- If the seal has not been tampered with, you must open the package, check that you have received the correct goods and that the goods have not been damaged before signing the waybill.
- By signing the waybill, you are confirming that you accept delivery and have received the goods in good condition.
- Delivery charges are calculated based on the distance from our nearest depot to your address on each order and will be displayed before you Check-Out.
- We will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of your goods for reasons that are beyond our control, including where you have given us the wrong delivery information or email address or cell phone number (where you have purchased an E-Voucher).
Return of goods
If you are not satisfied with the goods, you can return them to us and we may, in our discretion, replace the goods or refund you, provided that you contact the Contact Centre within 10 working days of delivery of the goods. The goods must be unused and returned in their original packaging. The Contact Centre will make arrangements with you for the goods to be collected from you.
Repairs of goods within warranty period
- We warrant that the goods and services you buy comply with the requirements and standards in section 55 of the CPA. In addition, the goods may carry a warranty from the Third-Party Suppliers. If you alter or change the goods, then these warranties become void and fall away.
- If the goods become faulty within 6 months of date of delivery, or within the Third-Party Supplier’s warranty period for the goods, we will arrange for the goods to be repaired, replaced, or for you to be refunded. Whether the goods are repaired or replaced or you are refunded will depend on the policies of the relevant Third-Party Supplier. Please contact the Contact Centre for assistance.
Third-Party Supplier’s goods, software and services
- In many cases we provide goods and services of Third-Party Suppliers, or our services together with those of Third-Party Suppliers.
- Third Party Suppliers supply goods and services on the UCount Rewards Online Mall. These are covered by the Third Party Suppliers’ warranties. We make no guarantees, warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, with regard to these goods and services. We will not be liable for any inconvenience or losses that may arise in or from selection of these goods and services. We will not be held liable for damage to electrical/telephonic equipment which is due to power surges or lightning. Such damages are not covered by manufacturers warranties or guarantees.
- All goods and services, including E-Vouchers provided by Third-Party Suppliers, will be subject to the relevant terms and conditions of such Third-Party Supplier in addition to these Terms.
Where a refund is payable in terms of these Terms, if you paid with:
- Rewards Points, you will be refunded with Rewards Points, which will be credited to your Rewards Account;
- a Card, your Card will be refunded;
- a combination of Rewards Points and a Card, we will refund you with Rewards Points and your Card will be refunded with the same amounts that you used to pay for the goods or services.
UCount Rewards Travel Mall
- All purchases made on the UCount Rewards Travel Mall are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Third-Party Supplier. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions.
- Before you make payment, you will be asked to agree to the Third-Party Supplier’s terms and conditions, a copy of which will be available on request.
- Quotes for flights are only valid on the day they are requested and will expire at 16h00 on the same day.
- All quotes for flights are subject to the current rate of exchange, departure taxes, airfare and fuel increases, as well as any applicable Third-Party Supplier increases or discounts.
- Bookings are guaranteed only once full payment has been received by the Third-Party Supplier, unless other arrangements have been made with the Third-Party Supplier, and such arrangements have been confirmed in writing by them.
- When more than one person is viewing the same flight or hotel room and there is only one airline ticket left or one room available, the first person to make payment will be allocated the airline ticket or hotel room. Your booking is not guaranteed until payment has been confirmed.
- You must check booking confirmations and airline tickets for any errors at the time of booking. You must report any errors telephonically to the Contact Centre before 22h00 on the day that the booking was made.
- You must check the baggage allowance on your airline ticket at the time of booking. You will be responsible for any additional fees charged by a Third Party Supplier for any extra baggage that is not provided for on your airline ticket.
Cancellations and refunds
- You must contact the Contact Centre if you need to change or cancel your booking.
- Cancellations and refunds will be done in terms of the Third-Party Supplier’s policy.
- We will charge a R250 administration fee for any cancellation or change to your booking. You will also be responsible for any cancellation fees charged by the Third-Party Supplier.
- Airline ticket refunds may take up to six months, depending on the Third-Party Supplier’s cancellation and refund policy.
- Where a refund is payable in terms of this clause, before refunding you we will deduct any administration or cancellation fees from your Rewards Points, and if there are insufficient Rewards Points, from the Card you used to pay.
Traveller Support Fee
- We charge a Traveller Support Fee on airline tickets purchased on the UCount Rewards Travel Mall. The Traveller Support Fee is R150 per booking for domestic flights and R362 per booking for international flights (even if the booking includes more than one ticket). The Traveller Support Fee covers the following support services and benefits:
- access to the services of our professional travel consultants to assist you before, during and after your trip to ensure that your arrangements run smoothly; and
- 24-hour access to a travel consultant who will try to assist you with any emergency that may arise.
Passports and visas
- It is your responsibility to research and apply for any visa and/or transit visas required for travelling.
- You may use the UCount Rewards Travel Mall to assist you with visa applications where possible.
- We will not be responsible if a visa is denied or delayed, if your passport or travel documents are lost by a consulate and/or courier or if there is a change in visa costs or requirements.
- When you pay for an airline ticket in full with your Gold, Titanium or Platinum Credit Card you will automatically receive basic travel insurance cover. You may buy additional top-up cover if you require it.
- We will not be responsible if you do not take out enough travel insurance cover.
- For more information on travel insurance, call 0861 114 494 Monday to Thursday from 8am to 6pm, Fridays from 8am to 5pm and Saturdays from 8am to 1pm or visit www.standardbank.co.za.
- We may change these Terms at any time, without notice to you. You must not use the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall if you do not agree with these Terms.
- You agree that we may sue you in a Magistrate’s Court, even if our claim against you exceeds the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court.
- A favour or concession we may give you will not affect any of our rights against you.
- You must pay all our expenses for recovering any amounts you owe us, including legal fees on an attorney at own client scale, collection fees and tracing fees.
- A certificate signed by any of our managers (whose appointment need not be proved) showing the amount you owe us is sufficient proof of the facts stated on the certificate unless the contrary is proved.
- These terms are governed by South African law.
- You may not change any of these Terms.
Disclaimers and Exclusions of Liability
- Except as required by any applicable laws, we make no representations or warranties about and will not be responsible for any loss or harm suffered in connection with:
- the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall; or
- the goods or services on the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall; or
- any actions of a Third-Party Supplier.
- If you have any disputes with respect to any transaction made, you must contact the Contact Centre.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or harm you may suffer while you are travelling.
We will take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of goods and services on the UCount Rewards Online Mall and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. We will not be responsible for any losses resulting from any errors on the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall. However, where the purchase price was incorrect, we will refund you any extra amount you paid.
- You consent to us collecting your Personal Information from you and where lawful and reasonable, from public sources for credit, fraud and compliance purposes, as well as the purposes set out below.
- If you give us Personal Information about or on behalf of another person, you confirm that you are authorised to: (a) give us the Personal Information; (b) consent on their behalf to the Processing of their Personal Information, specifically any cross-border transfer of Personal Information into and outside the country where the products or services are provided; and (c) receive any privacy notices on their behalf.
- You consent to us Processing your Personal Information:
- to provide products and services to you in terms of these Terms and any other products and services for which you may apply;
- to carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (this includes improving existing and developing new products and services);
- in countries outside the country where the products or services are provided. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country where the products or services are provided. Where we can, we will ask the receiving party to agree to our privacy policies;
- by sharing your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and insurers, locally and outside the country where the products or services are provided. We ask people who provide services to us to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any Personal Information to carry out their services; and
- within the Group.
- You will find our Processing practices in the Group’s and our privacy statements. These statements are available on the Group’s websites or on request.
- If you are unsure about your tax or legal position because your Personal Information is Processed in countries other than where you live, you should get independent advice.
- We use cookie technology on the UCount Rewards Online Mall and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your Internet browser when you use the UCount Rewards Online Mall and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit the UCount Rewards Online Mall or UCount Rewards Travel Mall. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online.
- You can stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. Be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of the UCount Rewards Online Mall and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. We recommend that you allow cookies. On most browsers cookies are enabled by default. Explore the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable them, or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about managing cookies on various browsers.
Complaints and Query Resolution
- If you want to complain or have a query, you can call the Contact Centre or send an email to: [email protected] or [email protected] or fax 021 700 8758.
- The Contact Centre’s operating hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday: 8am to 12pm
- Sunday and public holidays: Closed
- We are a member of the Banking Association of South Africa, which has appointed an independent Ombudsman for Banking Services (Ombud) to deal with complaints.
- If we do not solve your problem or you are not happy with the way that your problem was solved, then you may use the services of the Ombud who can be contacted in one of the following ways:
- Telephone: 0860 800 900 or 011 838 0035;
- Fax: 011 838 0043;
- Email: [email protected]; or
- Website: www.obssa.co.za.