UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and UCount
Rewards Travel Mall
Terms and Conditions
- The unprecedented nature of COVID-19 crisis has compelled many airlines to reassess and amend their respective Refund Policies. Should you require further information, kindly refer to the respective airline’s Refund Policy.
- These Terms become effective when you use the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or the UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- You must read these Terms and make sure that you understand them.
- You must comply with these Terms as they are a binding agreement between you and us.
- Important clauses, which may limit our responsibility or involve some risk for you, will be in bold and italics. You must pay special attention to these clauses.
The singular includes the plural and the plural includes the singular. References to days refer to calendar days.
- Business means a Standard Bank Business customer with an annual turnover of less than R20 million or Agric Entrepreneur customer with an annual turnover of less than R3 million, which has registered for UCount Rewards for Business.
- Card means a Standard Bank Debit, Credit or Cheque Card, excluding Travel Lodge Cards, Diners Club Cards, Garage Cards, Fleet Cards and any co-branded credit cards.
- Collect means the process by which you can collect Rewards Points when using your Card.
- Contact Centre means the UCount Rewards contact centre that can be reached on 0860 UCOUNT (82 68 68).
- CPA means the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, as amended from time to time.
- E- Voucher means an electronic voucher which you can purchase on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and which can be used at a Third Party Supplier for a limited time.
- Group means Standard Bank Group Limited, its subsidiaries and their subsidiaries.
- Individual means a Standard Bank customer who has registered as a member of UCount Rewards.
- Member means a Standard Bank customer who is registered for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Non-member means a Standard Bank customer who is not registered for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Personal Information means Information about an identifiable, natural person and where applicable, a juristic person, including, but not limited to information about: race; gender; sex; pregnancy; marital status; nationality; ethnic or social origin; colour; sexual orientation; age; physical or mental health; well-being; disability; religion; conscience; belief; culture; language; birth; education; medical, financial, criminal or employment history; any identifying number, symbol, e-mail, postal or physical address, telephone number; location; any online identifier; any other particular assignment to the person; biometric information; personal opinions, views or preferences of the person or the views or opinions of another individual about the person; correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence; and the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
- Process means any operation or activity, automated or not, concerning Personal Information, including: alteration, blocking, collation, collection, consultation, degradation, destruction, dissemination by means of transmission, distribution or making available in any other form, erasure, linking, merging, organisation, receipt, recording, retrieval, storage, updating, modification, or the use of information. Processing and Processed will have a similar meaning.
- Redeem means using your Rewards Points to pay for products and/or services at the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or the UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- Rewards Account means the UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business account that we open for a Member when we approve the Member’s registration for UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Rewards Points means the points a Member can Collect and Redeem, as well as points that we award the Member with UCount Rewards or UCount Rewards for Business.
- Third-Party Supplier means a retailer from which you can buy goods or services on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
- UCount Rewards for Business means the rewards programme we offer to Businesses which rewards these Businesses for their business banking relationship with us.
- UCount Rewards means the rewards programme we offer to Individuals which rewards these Individuals for their banking relationship with us.
- UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal means an online facility where you can Redeem your Rewards Points, a Card or a combination or Rewards Points and a Card to buy various goods and services.
- UCount Rewards Travel Mall means an online facility where you can use your Rewards Points, a Card or a combination or Rewards points and a Card to buy various travel-related products and services.
- us/our/we/Standard Bank means The Standard Bank of South Africa Limited.
- You/your means a Member or Non-Member who uses the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and/or UCount Rewards Travel Mall.
The UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal
- The UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal allows you to redeem your Rewards Points for selected services.
- Members must register and log on to the UCount Rewards website to access the Online Redemption Portal to Redeem Rewards Points.
- For a list of redemption options on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal please refer to the UCount Rewards Programme Rules.
Payments and Redeeming Rewards Points
- Payment can be made with a Card or by Redeeming Rewards Points or by using a combination of a Card and Rewards Points.
- When you Redeem Rewards Points, we will process the transaction against your available Rewards Account balance. You will only be able to spend Rewards Points up to the value of Rewards Points in your Rewards Account.
- The total amount will be deducted from your Rewards Account and/or debited from your Card.
- Once you have paid for goods or services, you cannot stop or reverse the payment.
- If you buy an E-Voucher, we will send an SMS to the cell phone number you have given us with a code which you must give to the relevant Third Party Supplier in order to redeem the E-Voucher.
- You may only redeem your Rewards Points for the following:
- Airtime and data vouchers
- Lending products (Revolving Credit Plan and/or Personal Loan)
- Savings and Investment products (Auto Share, Notice Deposit, Puresave and/or Tax Free)
- Solidarity Fund
- We will not be responsible for any delay in the delivery of your e-Voucher/s for reasons that are beyond our control, including where you have given us the wrong email address or cell phone number.
UCount Rewards Travel Mall
- All purchases made on the UCount Rewards Travel Mall are subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant Third-Party Supplier. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these terms and conditions.
- Before you make payment, you will be asked to agree to the Third-Party Supplier’s terms and conditions, a copy of which will be available on request.
- Quotes for flights are only valid on the day they are requested and will expire at 16h00 on the same day.
- All quotes for flights are subject to the current rate of exchange, departure taxes, airfare and fuel increases, as well as any applicable Third-Party Supplier increases or discounts.
- Bookings are guaranteed only once full payment has been received by the Third-Party Supplier, unless other arrangements have been made with the Third-Party Supplier, and such arrangements have been confirmed in writing by them.
- When more than one person is viewing the same flight or hotel room and there is only one airline ticket left or one room available, the first person to make payment will be allocated the airline ticket or hotel room. Your booking is not guaranteed until payment has been confirmed.
- You must check booking confirmations and airline tickets for any errors at the time of booking. You must report any errors telephonically to the Contact Centre before 22h00 on the day that the booking was made.
- You must check the baggage allowance on your airline ticket at the time of booking. You will be responsible for any additional fees charged by a Third Party Supplier for any extra baggage that is not provided for on your airline ticket.
- Travellers are advised that all children (under the age of 18 years) travelling to and from the Republic of South Africa require an unabridged birth certificate at all times and should the child be travelling alone or only with one parent, then the unabridged birth certificate should be accompanied by a consent form of the absent parent/s. http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/statements-speeches/621-updated-advisory-new-requirements-for-children-travelling-through-south-african-ports-of-entry
Cancellations and refunds
- You must contact the Contact Centre if you need to change or cancel your booking.
- Cancellations and refunds will be done in terms of the Third-Party Supplier’s policy.
- We will charge a R250 administration fee for any cancellation or change to your booking. You will also be responsible for any cancellation fees charged by the Third-Party Supplier.
- Airline ticket refunds may take up to six months, depending on the Third-Party Supplier’s cancellation and refund policy.
- Where a refund is payable in terms of this clause, before refunding you we will deduct any administration or cancellation fees from your Rewards Points, and if there are insufficient Rewards Points, from the Card you used to pay.
Traveller Support Fee
- We charge a Traveller Support Fee on airline tickets purchased on the UCount Rewards Travel Mall. The Traveller Support Fee is R150 per booking for domestic flights and R362 per booking for international flights (even if the booking includes more than one ticket). The Traveller Support Fee covers the following support services and benefits:
- access to the services of our professional travel consultants to assist you before, during and after your trip to ensure that your arrangements run smoothly; and
- 24-hour access to a travel consultant who will try to assist you with any emergency that may arise.
Passports and visas
- It is your responsibility to research and apply for any visa and/or transit visas required for travelling.
- You may use the UCount Rewards Travel Mall to assist you with visa applications where possible.
- We will not be responsible if a visa is denied or delayed, if your passport or travel documents are lost by a consulate and/or courier or if there is a change in visa costs or requirements.
- When you pay for an airline ticket in full with your Gold, Titanium or Platinum Credit Card you will automatically receive basic travel insurance cover. You may buy additional top-up cover if you require it.
- We will not be responsible if you do not take out enough travel insurance cover.
- For more information on travel insurance, call 0861 114 494 Monday to Thursday from 8am to 6pm, Fridays from 8am to 5pm and Saturdays from 8am to 1pm or visit www.standardbank.co.za.
- We may change these Terms at any time, without notice to you. You must not use the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall if you do not agree with these Terms.
- You agree that we may sue you in a Magistrate’s Court, even if our claim against you exceeds the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court.
- A favour or concession we may give you will not affect any of our rights against you.
- You must pay all our expenses for recovering any amounts you owe us, including legal fees on an attorney at own client scale, collection fees and tracing fees.
- A certificate signed by any of our managers (whose appointment need not be proved) showing the amount you owe us is sufficient proof of the facts stated on the certificate unless the contrary is proved.
- These terms are governed by South African law.
- You may not change any of these Terms.
Disclaimers and Exclusions of Liability
- Except as required by any applicable laws, we make no representations or warranties about and will not be responsible for any loss or harm suffered in connection with:
- the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall; or
- the goods or services on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall; or
- any actions of a Third-Party Supplier.
- If you have any disputes with respect to any transaction made, you must contact the Contact Centre.
- We will not be responsible for any loss or harm you may suffer while you are travelling.
We will take all reasonable efforts to accurately reflect the description, availability, purchase price and delivery charges of goods and services on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. We will not be responsible for any losses resulting from any errors on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall. However, where the purchase price was incorrect, we will refund you any extra amount you paid.
- You consent to us collecting your Personal Information from you and where lawful and reasonable, from public sources for credit, fraud and compliance purposes, as well as the purposes set out below.
- If you give us Personal Information about or on behalf of another person, you confirm that you are authorised to: (a) give us the Personal Information; (b) consent on their behalf to the Processing of their Personal Information, specifically any cross-border transfer of Personal Information into and outside the country where the products or services are provided; and (c) receive any privacy notices on their behalf.
- You consent to us Processing your Personal Information:
- to provide products and services to you in terms of these Terms and any other products and services for which you may apply;
- to carry out statistical and other analyses to identify potential markets and trends, evaluate and improve our business (this includes improving existing and developing new products and services);
- in countries outside the country where the products or services are provided. These countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country where the products or services are provided. Where we can, we will ask the receiving party to agree to our privacy policies;
- by sharing your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and insurers, locally and outside the country where the products or services are provided. We ask people who provide services to us to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any Personal Information to carry out their services; and
- within the Group.
- You will find our Processing practices in the Group’s and our privacy statements. These statements are available on the Group’s websites or on request.
- If you are unsure about your tax or legal position because your Personal Information is Processed in countries other than where you live, you should get independent advice.
- We use cookie technology on the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your Internet browser when you use the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. The cookie is sent to our computer each time you visit the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal or UCount Rewards Travel Mall. Cookies make it easier for us to give you a better experience online.
- You can stop your browser from accepting cookies by changing the settings on your web browser. Be aware that restricting cookies may impact the functionality of the UCount Rewards Online Redemption Portal and UCount Rewards Travel Mall. We recommend that you allow cookies. On most browsers cookies are enabled by default. Explore the settings and options on your browser to disable or enable them, or visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed information about managing cookies on various browsers.
Complaints and Query Resolution
- If you want to complain or have a query, you can call the Contact Centre or send an email to: [email protected] or [email protected] or fax 021 700 8758.
- The Contact Centre’s operating hours are:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 5pm
- Saturday: 8am to 12pm
- Sunday and public holidays: Closed
- We are a member of the Banking Association of South Africa, which has appointed an independent Ombudsman for Banking Services (Ombud) to deal with complaints.
- If we do not solve your problem or you are not happy with the way that your problem was solved, then you may use the services of the Ombud who can be contacted in one of the following ways:
- Telephone: 0860 800 900 or 011 838 0035;
- Fax: 011 838 0043;
- Email: [email protected]; or
- Website: www.obssa.co.za.