Earn up to 20%* back in Rewards Points on your Qualifying Grocery Purchases when using your Standard Bank personal Credit, Cheque or Debit Card.
Grocery Rewards Earn rate rules*
- You will earn Rewards Points on Qualifying Grocery Purchases only.
- Grocery means all perishable and non-perishable foodstuffs; substances that can be used to prepare food and all household cleaning products; beauty and health products that can be purchased from a Participating Grocery Retailer.
- Grocery purchases excludes non-foodstuffs such as clothing, medication, tobacco, airtime, bill payments, lotto, travel and entertainment, gift cards or payments made for delivery charges, payments made to any Grocery Retailer accounts and financial services e.g. extended warranties.
- General Merchandise are non-food items and include paper goods; seasonal items, such as cards, decor, and/or auto electrical items, toys and DIY.
- Rewards Points will not be earned on liquor purchases in participating Grocery Retailer’s liquor stores.
- Groceries purchased at participating Grocery Retailer stores that are situated on the same premises as a fuel forecourt are also excluded from earning Rewards Points.
- Earning Rewards Points at participating Grocery Retailers is limited to 20% of your total qualifying monthly card spend (that is the total value of all purchases made on your Credit Cheque or Debit Card separately). This excludes non-Caltex fuel, toll and casino purchases. Grocery spend exceeding 20% of your card spend will still qualify to earn Grocery Rewards at a lower rate of up to 1.25%* back in Rewards Points.
- The Rewards Points you earn for your Qualifying Grocery Purchases will depend on the rewards tier you qualify for per fixed cycle.
*Please refer to https://ucount.standardbank.co.za/personal/terms-and-conditions for the comprehensive set of Terms & Conditions and Programme Rules