Collect rewards points on your qualifying grocery purchases
When using your qualifying Standard Bank personal Credit, Cheque or Debit Card to pay for your grocery purchases at these Participating Grocery Retailers, you will collect up to 20%* in rewards points:
Collect rate Terms and Conditions
- You will collect rewards points on qualifying grocery purchases only.
- Grocery means all perishable and non-perishable foodstuffs; substances that can be used to prepare food and all household cleaning products; beauty and health products that can be purchased from a Participating Grocery Retailer.
- Grocery purchases excludes non-foodstuffs such as clothing, medication, tobacco, airtime, bill payments, lotto, travel and entertainment, gift cards or payments made for delivery charges, payments made to any Grocery Retailer accounts and financial services e.g. extended warranties.
- General Merchandise are non-food items and include paper goods; seasonal items, such as cards, decor, and/or auto electrical items, toys and DIY.
- Rewards points will not be collected on liquor purchases in Participating Grocery Retailer's liquor stores.
- Groceries purchased at Participating Grocery Retailer stores that are situated on the same premises as a fuel forecourt are also excluded from collecting rewards points.
- Collecting rewards points at Participating Grocery Retailers is limited to 20% of your total qualifying monthly card spend (that is the total value of all purchases made on your Credit Cheque or Debit Card separately). This excludes non-Caltex fuel, toll and casino purchases. Grocery spend exceeding 20% of your card spend will still qualify to collect grocery rewards at a lower rate of up to 1.25%* back in rewards points.
- The rewards points you collect for your grocery purchases will depend on the rewards tier you belong to per fixed cycle.